- Mendelssohn A Midsummer Night’s Dream Overture
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
- Beethoven Symphony No. 6 in F major, Pastoral
- Beethoven Coriolan Overture
- Saint-Saëns Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor
- Beethoven Symphony No. 4 in B flat major
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048
- Haydn Violin Concerto No. 1 in C major
- Tchaikovsky Souvenir de Florence
The Academy and Music Director Joshua Bell return to the beautiful Colorado mountains for a third year as resident orchestra at Bravo! Vail.
We are delighted to have the honour of opening the Festival once again, with a concert featuring a magical overture by Mendelssohn, Bruch’s rousing Scottish Fantasy, and Beethoven’s beloved “Pastoral” Symphony with its wondrous depictions of idyllic nature.
The second performance includes the brilliantly colourful Violin Concerto No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saëns, bookended by two powerful Beethoven works: the Coriolan Overture and Symphony No. 4.
Our grand finale is a showcase for strings through the ages, from Bach’s third Brandenburg Concerto, through Haydn’s elegant first Violin Concerto, to the utterly Romantic musical postcard: Tchaikovsky’s Souvenir de Florence.
Enjoy highlights from the opening night of the 2017 Festival: