- Britten Variations on a Theme of Frank Bridge, Op. 10
- Copland Clarinet Concerto
- Elgar Sospiri, Op. 70
- Brahms arr. Pöntinen Hungarian Dances
- Bartók arr. Dominique Romanian Folk Dances
- Trad arr. Göran Fröst Klezmer Dances
Clarinettist Martin Fröst takes the Academy to Germany and The Netherlands, performing Aaron Copland’s jazz-influenced Clarinet Concerto, an exciting selection of Eastern European-inspired dances, and three thrillingly virtuosic arrangements of traditional Klezmer dances by his brother, Göran. Academy Director / Leader Tomo Keller leads Britten’s Variations dedicated to his revered teacher, Frank Bridge, and Elgar’s beautifully romantic Sospiri.
We spoke to Martin ahead of the tour on the Academy Podcast to get a glimpse into his mind and go on the hunt for the soul of the clarinet: