- Mendelssohn A Midsummer Night’s Dream Overture
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
- Beethoven Symphony No. 6 in F major, Pastoral
- Beethoven Coriolan Overture
- Saint-Saëns Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor
- Beethoven Symphony No. 4 in B flat major
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048
- Bach Violin Concerto No. 2 in E major
- Barber Adagio for Strings
- Tchaikovsky Souvenir de Florence
The Academy and Music Director Joshua Bell return to the beautiful Colorado mountains for a third year as resident orchestra at Bravo! Vail.
We are delighted to have the honour of opening the Festival once again, with a concert featuring a magical overture by Mendelssohn, Bruch’s rousing Scottish Fantasy, and Beethoven’s beloved “Pastoral” Symphony with its wondrous depictions of idyllic nature.
The second performance includes the brilliantly colourful Violin Concerto No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saëns, bookended by two powerful Beethoven works: the Coriolan Overture and Symphony No. 4.
Our grand finale is a showcase for strings, from Bach’s third Brandenburg Concerto and Second Violin Concerto, to Tchaikovsky’s utterly Romantic musical postcard Souvenir de Florence and Barber’s famous Adagio for Strings.
Enjoy highlights from the opening night of the 2017 Festival: