- Albinoni Concerto No. 5 in A minor, Op. 5
- CPE Bach Symphony in E flat major, Wq. 179
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 12 in A major, K. 414
- Britten Young Apollo for piano and strings
- Haydn Symphony No. 44, Mourning
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 14 in E flat major, K. 449
- Elgar Serenade for Strings
- Bartók Divertimento
The Academy’s first USA tour of 2019 – the orchestra’s 60th anniversary year – features an exciting and poignant programme.
Jeremy Denk is one of America’s foremost pianists, winner of a MacArthur ‘Genius’ Fellowship and the Avery Fisher Prize. For this tour of his homeland we’ll present Benjamin Britten’s Young Apollo piano concerto in its 80th anniversary year, and offer the chance to hear Jeremy performing two wonderful concertos by Mozart.
Under the direction of Tomo Keller the Academy will also showcase diverse music for chamber orchestra, including Albinoni’s Concerto Op. 5, No. 5 – the first piece the orchestra performed at St Martin-in-the-Fields Church 60 years ago, in November 1959.
Watch Jeremy Denk performing Mendelssohn with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and our Music Director Joshua Bell at the 2016 Bravo! Vail festival: