- Prokofiev Classical Symphony, Op. 25
- Barber Adagio for Strings
- Saint-Saëns Violin Concerto No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 61
- Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35
- Edgar Meyer Overture for Violin and Orchestra
- Bizet Symphony No. 1 in C major
The Academy and our Music Director Joshua Bell travel to Europe to present an exciting programme of 19th, 20th and 21st century works by Russian, French and American composers.
With a career spanning more than 30 years as a soloist, chamber musician, recording artist and conductor, Joshua Bell is one of the most celebrated violinists of his era. On this tour he’ll direct the Academy – his ‘musical family’ – in music by Prokofiev, Barber and Bizet, and take centre stage as soloist in much-loved violin concertos by Saint-Saëns and Tchaikovsky.
We’ll also present the virtuosic Overture for Violin and Orchestra written by Joshua’s good friend and collaborator Edgar Meyer.
More tour dates will be added to this page soon!