- Elgar Serenade for Strings in E minor Op. 20
- Tchaikovsky Nocturne for Cello and Strings Op. 19 No. 4
- Bach Concerto for Two Violins in D minor BWV 1043
- Woolrich To the Silver Bow
- Britten Simple Symphony Op. 4
The Academy reprise their programme from St Martin-in-the-Fields at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds. Academy Principal Second Violin Martin Burgess, Principal Viola Robert Smissen and Principal Cello Stephen Orton showcase the exceptional ability of the musicians who make up the Academy, stepping into the spotlight as soloists for the evening alongside former Academy Principal Double Bass Leon Bosch and the evening’s Guest Director, violinist Simon Blendis. A highlight of the programme sees the second ever performance of To the Silver Bow by John Woolrich, one of the key figures of British contemporary classical music, which was commissioned by Bosch for this collaboration.