- CPE Bach Symphony in A major, H.660
- Martin Passacaille for String Orchestra
- JS Bach Violin Concerto No.1 in A minor, BWV 1041
- JS Bach Orchestral Suite No. 5 in G minor, BWV 1070
- JS Bach Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 in D minor, BWV 1052 *
- Mozart Adagio and Fugue in C minor, K.546
- Britten Simple Symphony, Op.4
- Britten Prelude and Fugue, Op.29
- Haydn Concerto for Violin & Harpsichord in F major *
- Bartok Divertimento for Strings, BB118
The acclaimed harpsichordist, Mahan Esfahani, joins the Academy and Director/Leader Tomo Keller for two concerts on this tour of Germany, performing two key works from the repertoire. On a ‘mission to rehabilitate the harpsichord in the mainstream of concert instruments’, Esfahani regularly appears on BBC Radio 3 and 4, recently presenting a three-part documentary ‘The Alternative Bach’.
Please note, Mahan Esfahani will appear with the Academy in Flensburg (28 July) and Kiel (29 July) only.
The first three concerts of the tour feature the Academy’s Director/Leader, Tomo Keller, as soloist in JS Bach’s Violin Concerto No.1 in A minor alongside favourites of the string orchestra repertoire, from Bach to Britten, alongside works for string orchestra and harpsichord, with the Academy’s Principal Harpsichordist, John Constable.
Watch Mahan Esfahani performing Bach’s Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 (excerpt):